Join the Sunflower
One of our goals is to support and collaborate with charities globally to raise awareness of non-visible disabilities, empower those living with them and encourage individuals and the wider community to support them.
As Sunflower Members, charities help to raise this awareness and support their colleagues and customers with a non-visible disability to provide them with additional help or assistance. This could simply mean giving them more time to prepare or process information or using clear verbal language.
As a registered charity, you receive a 20% discount on Sunflower products. You also have the opportunity to resell Sunflower products so that any revenue you make from doing this benefits your charity. Charities who become authorised resellers will be listed on our website and receive an authorised reseller badge to display. Get in touch with us to find out more.
Be discovered by our Sunflower wearers
This is a space for you, our Sunflower Members to stand out. And this is a space for our Sunflower wearers to discover where they can shop, work, travel, or be entertained with the Sunflower by their side. And a space to share their individual moments and experiences.
Join an impressive network of charities so our Sunflower wearers can find out more you*:
- tell your story though topical articles in our News & Insights space
- take part in our Sunflower Conversations as our Sunflower wearers share their experiences. The topics are often personal and explore hidden disabilities through the prism of the Sunflower
- add your location to the Sunflower location map
- provide details useful for Sunflower-friendly visits
- and even reveal your Sunflower-friendly events
A space to be heard and a space to listen
Extend your organisation's knowledge of non-visible disabilities and find out more about the Sunflower and its wearers.
- explore and be invited to take part in topical, regional and sector-based articles and videos on our website and in ‘The invisible issue’, our monthly newsletter
- discover our expanding invisible disabilities index with its inclusion tips*. We regularly work with a select number of charities to review this information and promote their involvement and organisation to our Sunflower wearers
- watch and listen to the Sunflower Conversations as our Sunflower wearers share their experiences. The topics are often personal and explore hidden disabilities through the prism of the Sunflower
- access our Sunflower training so your colleagues can identify the Sunflower, gain an understanding of what a non-visible disability is, and become confident to approach and support people who are wearing a Sunflower
- subscribe to Purple 365 at a 30% discount to access different disability-focused webinars monthly
And this is a space for us to support you
We will help you make your Sunflower membership a success. By joining the Sunflower, you have access to*:
- sector-specific advice on how to implement the Sunflower
- our Media Pack and support during your launch
- discounts and promotions on Sunflower products
- the opportunity to capture the CO2 from your Sunflower purchases through our Carbon Capture programme
* Subject to Sunflower Membership level. Compare the plans here