Do you feel reluctant to ask someone for a seat if you struggle to stand safely when you travel by train?
We've teamed up with Northern, who run state-of-the-art trains with over 540 northern destinations, to create a free priority card for passengers with visible and non-visible disabilities. The new priority seating card enables customers to simply show the card to someone sitting in a priority seat on Northern trains to show they have a need for one of these seats. The card helps to avoid embarrassment and makes the person carrying more confident when they need to ask for a seat.
The card is dual-branded and a different colour from our standard Sunflower cards so that it is easily recognised as a disability aid. It includes the Sunflower symbol for non-visible disabilities and has space on the back for you to personalise it with any specific requirements that you may want to make Northern staff to be aware of when travelling with them.
The Northern priority seat card is free to Northern customers.
To order yours, you'll need a voucher code from Northern. Simply click here, stating your name and address and Northern's customer experience team will send you a voucher code.
You will need to add the voucher code in your basket for free delivery (otherwise the card will not be available for delivery).
You can only order ONE free Northern priority seat card.
Do you have to show evidence of an impairment to qualify for a Northern priority seat card?
There are no requirements to show evidence of disability or any qualifying criteria. Simply click here, stating your full name and address and the Northern customer experience team will email you a voucher code for a free card. We can provide one code per person.
Is the Northern priority seating card just for people with non-visible disabilities?
No, the cards are for people with visible and non-visible disabilities. It is dual branded and a different colour from our standard Sunflower cards to make it easily identifiable as a disability aid.
How may cards can I get?
You can order one free card per person.
I have ordered my Northern priority seating card but it has not arrived?
If you need to find out about your order, please visit the Sunflower helpdesk by clicking here to get in touch with our Sunflower customer service team. Don't forget to refer to your order number.
Do I need to set up an account to order the card?
No. The Northern priority card can be ordered with or wthout an account on this website. You just need a code supplied by Northern.
Here is a guide to help you if you can’t get the discount code to work for your Northern priority seating card.
- First, you must have your code supplied by Northern's customer experience team. If you do not have one, click here, stating your full name and address. You will then be sent an email wiith a voucher code
- The Northern priority seating card is only available here. Add the card to your shopping cart
- Go to your shopping cart and add the voucher code here:
- You will see a message to say that you have used your coupon code
- Proceed to the checkout and complete your purchase. You will need to add our email address and delivery details
- Click on Next at the base of the page (delivery cost will show here but the delivery charge for the card will be removed at the next stage):
- Place your order. A confirmation email will be sent to you
- If you need to find out about your order, please visit the Sunflower helpdesk by clicking here to get in touch with our Sunflower customer service team. Don't forget to refer to your order number.